|Date Posted||June 3, 2021|
- Leads daily system monitoring, verifying integrity and availability of hardware, network and server installations, configuration, systems and key processes, performance, testing, and verifies completion of scheduled jobs such as backups, restores, patches and automating reoccurring tasks. Administers AWS Cloud services such as EC2, S3, ALB/NLB, CloudWatch, IAM policies etc. Serves as a subject matter expert on major IT environment upgrades, enhancements, new functionality, capacities, performance, cost effectiveness, and business integrations.
- Participates in the on-call rotation providing 24x7 support.
- Provides input and recommendations on new potential technology solutions based on research and analysis.
- Designs and implements infrastructure solutions to meet business and technical objectives on-prem, and in the AWS Cloud.
- Analyzes and resolves technology and end user incidents during standard business hours or on-call rotations; Monitors issue resolutions and collaborates with the application team and engineers when necessary to resolve and apply fixes.
- Maintains standard application and operations procedure documentation
- Ensures compliance with Software Testing Life-Cycle standard operating procedures and policies.
- Maintains accurate software and hardware inventory and manages the copyright and licensing requirements.
- Assists with special projects and initiatives such as the ITS CTO annual project; Plans and executes on major milestones.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud computing services and delivery models (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
- Knowledge of network technologies and concepts
- Knowledge of Automation configuration using PowerShell and Puppet.
- Knowledge of Virtual Server environments
- Understanding of the Federal Government compliance requirements a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to and collaborate with business leaders
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications. An advanced degree is also preferred.