|Published||November 14, 2023|
Alternate Locations: Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Hybrid/Common Days+ : Work 2-3 days a week in a Lincoln office with a designated workspace.
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #: 72565
The Role at a Glance
An exciting AWS Serverless Engineer position has recently opened in the CRO Risk Technology team, we are looking for creative and passionate technologists to develop cutting edge cloud native solutions for Market and Enterprise Risk Management. This role is a unique opportunity to be part of Lincoln's best in class Risk Management program that implements proprietary applications and latest technologies and concepts, such as AWS, GPU HPC Grids, serverless applications, microservices, and automated CI/CD pipelines. Join a highly collaborative, and high functioning team who partner with internal (MRM/ERM) and external (IT, Annuities, Life, and RPS lines of business) and use your software engineering skills to achieve strategic goals.
What you'll be doing
- Developing object-oriented code in Python for middleware and back-end solutions.
- Utilizing AWS Cloud Formation Templates / CDK for infrastructure provisioning.
- Develop and maintain cloud environments and automation programs to drive world-class agility, reliability, & security for new and existing applications.
- Design, implement, and deploy microservices using AWS serverless: AWS Lambda (Python), Step-Function, SNS/ SQS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Serverless Application Model (SAM), DynamoDB, API Gateway.
- Using tools such as GitLab (Issues, GitLab CI/CD Pipelines) to maintain source code, drive operations, collaboration, and code reviews to ensure the development of high-performance, scalable, and resilient software components.
- Develop and maintain APIs using REST/FLASK in Python that use MYSQL and other data sources across the enterprise.
- Analyzes systems specifications of existing programs to determine requirements.
- Own and manage the full lifecycle of application development; from designing, writing, testing, building, deploying, to monitoring.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills with clearly communicate designs, thoughts, and ideas and ability to adjust the communications based on the audience.
What we're looking for
- 7+ years' experience implementing object-oriented production quality applications.
- 3+ years' experience in Python and Microservices development.
- 3+ years in AWS serverless development experience implementing Lambda, ECS, Fargate, Glue, API Gateway etc.
- Proficient on both Linux and Windows operating system, must be able to debug code on Linux, Windows, and AWS cloud.
- Able to share cloud technology and software development best practices with peers.
- Experience implementing AWS Infrastructure as Code (IaC) technologies - CloudFormation or AWS CDK.
- Experience with event driven architectures, has built event driven systems using Amazon Event Bridge, Cloud Watch and SNS + SQS.
- Intermediate experience with containerization (Docker) and creating CI/CD pipelines using GitLab is a plus.
- Intermediate experience working with RDBMS, SQL, and Data Modeling.
- 4 Year/bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) Minimum Required in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- AWS Certified on Developer track.
What's it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What's in it for YOU:
- A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
- Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
- PTO/parental leave
- Competitive 401K and employee benefits
- Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance program
- A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
- Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Pay Range: $102,301 - $184,500
Actual base pay could vary based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to work experience, education, location, licensure requirements, proficiency and qualifications required for the role. The base pay is just one component of Lincoln's total rewards package for employees. In addition, the role may be eligible for the Annual Incentive Program, which is discretionary and based on the performance of the company, business unit and individual. Other rewards may include long-term incentives, sales incentives and Lincoln's standard benefits package.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help people take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. As of December 31, 2022, approximately 16 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, and guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $299.2 billion in end-of-period account balances, net of reinsurance as of June 30, 2023. Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and ranks among Newsweek's Most Responsible Companies 2022. Dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion, we are included on transparency benchmarking tools such as the Corporate Equality Index, the Disability Equality Index and the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. Committed to providing our employees with flexible work arrangements, we were named to FlexJobs' list of the Top 100 Companies to Watch for Remote Jobs in 2022. With a long and rich legacy of acting ethically, telling the truth and speaking up for what is right, Lincoln was recognized as one of Ethisphere's 2023 World's Most Ethical Companies.
Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Sign up for email alerts at newsroom.lfg.com
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln's Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln's current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify avisos.