|Location||Saint Paul, MN|
|Date Posted||November 21, 2020|
Job Description Summary
Sr. Cloud Engineer – Production Support
As a Sr. Cloud Engineer (Site Reliability Engineer), you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You will join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspective who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you will take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you will be focused on running better production applications and systems.
following industry best practices.
cloud infrastructure where applicable.
and implement a security infrastructure
communication of cloud services to projects
coding, testing, and software delivery
containerization, compute, and storage systems)
across distributed architectures, automation, monitoring, intelligent alerting, random fault injections (Chaos
Engineering), and self-healing
Information Technology, or a related field. Equivalent experience considered in lieu
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the computer systems analysis, requirements analysis, modeling, configuration, monitoring and support for mission-critical applications supporting enrollment and call center operations.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Provide 3rd level support for operations to resolve critical issues quickly. This may include occasional off-hours and weekend work and periodic on-call support.
- Provide training and mentoring to others to help them be successful in a system support role.
- Lead the monitoring and testing of application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Create and maintain documentation including standard operating procedures, work instructions, system diagrams.
- Work closely with business and systems analysts to define system requirements to meet both internal and external customer needs.
- Drive system improvements that optimize the quality, performance, and growth metrics for the enrollment and call center operations.
- Facilitate and oversee meetings with the testing and QA teams to formulate test strategies, test plans, and test cases particularly for load/stress testing scenarios.
- Provide status updates to manager, and project manager on project progress, challenges, issues, and end-user satisfaction.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase efficiency and reduce effort for maintenance, monitoring and trouble-shooting tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel as a team lead.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.