|Date Posted||June 8, 2021|
Job Title: Senior / Staff Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £60,000+ per annum + excellent benefits and superb working environment (salary negotiable and commensurate with experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Working Hours: 09:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday
Eckoh is seeking an exceptional Full Stack Software Engineer to join our innovative and dynamic team with strong Cloud Native technologies and way of working experience.
As a seasoned Software Engineer, you will enjoy developing applications from inception to fruition, using your knowledge of best practice, application security-first and quality principles. You will be working on a range of products and complex projects across Eckoh's portfolio of clients.
- Produce technical design and documentation to ISO standards whilst working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the technical requirements of projects and products are captured.
- Build high quality commercial applications from inception through to fruition
- Share your knowledge and passion for technologies
- Focused on driving a security-first culter and quality in all aspects of development
- Write secure server and client-side code (OWASP), develop prototypes quickly and create robust, high-volume-ready production solutions
- Assist in the migration and refactoring of complex legacy platforms (notorious monolith strangler)
- Develop and automate internal reporting and monitoring mechanisms
Technical Skills and Desirables:
- Cloud Native technologies, including (but not limited to): AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, KubeProxy, Calico, Istio, Kiali, Prometheus, Grafana, ArgoCD, coreDNS, CloudWatch, eks, VPC's, FluentD, etc.
- Expertise on one or more Frameworks (Zend, Angular, Symphony, Laravel, Backbone) and/or libraries such as JQuery, React / React Native
- Expert familiarity with Linux server systems (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS)
- Backend web development experience including complex memcache arrays, memcache pools, process scheduling, etc.
- Core knowledge in database design and MySQL / SQL
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines including Cloud Native Pipelines (i.e. GitLab, ArgoCD, etc.)
- Knowledge of website security common vulnerabilities & mitigation techniques)
- Performance tuning & measurement
Knowledge and Experience in one or more of the following is highly advantageous:
- Cloud Native development philosophies including Pipeline, way of working, Cloud tooling, Public cloud (AWS / Google), private cloud (K8S), DevOps / DevSecOps / SRE
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
- Previous employment at PCI and/or ISO27001 compliant organisation
- Web application security (OWASP)
- Interactive Voice Response (VXML/ccXML/grXML) and/or Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
- 25 days holiday and increases with service
- Excellent Share Incentive Scheme
- Life insurance
- Simply Health scheme
- Access to group Bupa membership scheme
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Employee Recognition schemes
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks
- Relaxation floor (lunch area, quiet room, pool table, Xbox)
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage
- Discounted offers
- Team days and Volunteering events
- Christmas & summer company events
- Focused on education and training (conference attendance, higher education sponsorship)
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Please note the company is unable to provide sponsorship or relocation assistance so all candidates will need to already have the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Software Developer, Software Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, IT Developer, Senior Developer, Programmer, AWS, Lead Developer, Technical Developer, Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Developer, Software Development, IT Solutions Software Developer, Full Stack Developer, Web Developer will also be considered for this role.