|Published||November 16, 2023|
We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
What you'll do
- Provide technical leadership in ISP related software development.
- Run upfront engagement phases of the project with architects, project managers and other stakeholders for project setup and planning.
- Technically lead teams on design, development, test, implementation and support engineers spread across time-zones and locations in a matrix organisation for project delivery.
- Recommend vendor products during RFP's, leading technology validation activities in vendor/Sky labs, scoring vendor proposals and producing reports
- Participate in industry events and present findings to help brining innovation or cost optimisation within Sky.
- Communicating sophisticated technical topics to a wide variety of audiences. Ability to communicate optimally with senior management for decision making.
- Technically lead engineers to build high availability, resilient, low latency microservices for Sky Broadband, voice and mobile customers.
- Maintain HLDs and review colleagues LLDs to ensure they align with ISP Development
What you'll bring
- Take a balanced view between commercial vs technical trade-off's.
- Significant knowledge of common data structures, Microservices & K8S.
- Strong in software engineering practices like DevOps, automated software testing, CI/CD pipelines and release management, etc.
- Strong technology background with knowledge on Cloud platforms (AWS, Openstack), data centre operations, telecommunication, networks, SaaS, PaaS, Monitoring as a Service, client/server computing.
- Experience working with Git and performing code reviews.
- Solid understanding of networks.
- Knowledge of clustering and load balancing technologies.
Group Communications & Infrastructure
Looking to be part of non-stop innovation? Join our Group Communications and Infrastructure team and you'll work alongside authorities in broadband, telephony, mobile, cloud and infrastructure. We're the team that crafts, builds, supports and maintains the telecoms networks across the whole Sky Group. Together, we help Sky broadband, mobile and TV enter new markets by creating a single and secure infrastructure for the amazing content and services that keep our customers coming back for more.
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here's a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place!
- The magic of Sky Glass at a best-in-class rate!
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you'll work
We are a Disability Confident Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
We've embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You'll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space
Brick Lane is in the heart of the East End of London. It's part of a vibrant and diverse community; close to street food, cafes and shops. The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10 minute walk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We'd love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It's a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn't stop at what we do, it's how we do it, too. We embrace each other's differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we'll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.