|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
Oracle DBA (AWS, Postgres)
CGI has an immediate need for a Oracle DBA (AWS, Postgres) to join our financial services team in one of our selected CGI locations. Due to the current COVID-19 status, candidates will not be required to work within the physical work location at this time. When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, they will be required to be located within the proximity of the assigned CGI location.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Join a fast-paced agile team on target state and cloud work!
CGI is currently hiring a Java Developer with AWS strategy building and implementation experience, to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA.
Your future duties and responsibilities
In this role, you will require having a good understanding of AWS services along with Python scripting and implementation of AWS, that adheres to enterprise standards. Candidate must be able to work independently with a minimum direction and must also be savvy enough to mentor other developers.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 8-10 years of relevant experience
• Experience in creating DB objects like Tables, Sequences, Synonyms, Triggers
• Experience in writing Stored Procedures, Cursors, Packages
• Strong knowledge in SQL and should be able to write complex queries and also query the metadata tables (data dictionary)
• Experience in Performance Tuning, table partitioning, indexing
• Experience in creating a Logical Data Model and Physical Data Model in ER Studio
• Experience working on PostgreSQL and Data Modelling and Oracle
Highly Preferred Skills
• 4+ Experience in Cloud Development, with particular AWS experience
• Experience working with Python & UNIX
• Experience working AWS implementations and integrating with cloud services
• Knowledge/Experience w/AWS Services (preferred) like S3, writing Lambdas and Step function orchestration, CodeCommit, Code Pipeline services, Postgres RDS.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, strong verbal & written communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Knowledge of Financial Products, Risk Management, Portfolio Management is preferred but not mandatory.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
AWS certification desired
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Postgre SQL