|Date Posted||January 12, 2022|
We’re looking for a new Systems/Network Administrator to join a highly technical and motivated operations team in a fast-paced international company, reporting directly to the IT Manager. You’ll have an in-depth knowledge of AWS, Cisco Networking/Routing, Windows, Linux and NetApp.
The Citywire tech team is very much involved with all aspects of the business and sits in the middle of our large open plan London HQ, nobody leaves IT in the basement. We're looking for a collaborative individual who is willing to deliver great quality work whilst building great relationships with all levels of stakeholders
A little about us... Citywire helps people make better investments. We publish news, analysis and unique fund manager performance information to help professional investors make the best decisions about where to place their clients' money. Sustainability is at the heart of what we do. We employ around 300 staff and look for motivated, passionate and dynamic people from all walks of life and backgrounds. Professional development is paramount to us to keep innovated and we encourage training throughout your career. We have offices in London, Brighton, New York, Munich, Milan, Singapore and Sydney, with expansion planned already for Paris. We have fully embraced a hybrid model of working.
At Citywire, it is important that we approach things in a collaborative and positive way, for this reason, the right candidate will be a proactive and good communicator, as well as being able to show attention to detail.
As Citywire’s Systems Administrator, you’ll have the following responsibilities:
- As a Network/Systems Admin, you will have overall responsibility for Citywire’s Network and infrastructure. You’ll be involved in new tech projects and upgrades, as well as working on business-as-usual issues. You’ll work closely with our in-house software development and data teams to ensure objectives are met.
- Take ownership of the network and infrastructure, including two data centres and extensive AWS use, some GCP and less Azure.
- Proactively understand and manage both the hardware and software we use with a security first mindset.
- Manage the Change Process of internal and external software/hardware.
- Manage the infrastructure in the UK and remotely for our satellite offices around the world.
- Build tools/scripts and support previously developed tools and improve automation.
- Provide support dealing with incidents, daily checks, upgrades, changes, backups & monitoring.
- Understand and improve monitoring all aspects of our infrastructure: performance, stability, resilience, and cost.
- Be available for on-call support.
Job specific skills / technical skills / requirements
Specific experience of all these technologies whilst welcomed is not a requirement, we are looking for a proficient generalist with the right mindset and work ethic to fit within the team.
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, HAProxy)
- Cisco Networking (CCNA) and WiFi
- NetApp FAS
- Security (Mimecast, Darktrace, ESET Endpoint Security)
- Monitoring – Solarwinds/PRTG
- Windows Server 2003 – 2016 (Active Directory, llS, DNS, DHCP, GPO, MDT/WDS, SCC)
- MS SQL Server 2008-2016
- Fortinet UTM Firewalls
- Cert Renewals (Lets Encrypt)
- VMWare ESXi
- Office 365
- Veritas BackUp Exec
- Dell Technologies (Hardware and OpenManager)
Who we are
Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect are four core values. We can and should disagree with one another, in the interests of getting the right answer. Arguments for truth, not ego. We should always focus on sustainability at every level of the company.
Excelling at your job will contribute to high performance at Citywire. You should have a continuous and constructive spoken dialogue with your manager about your performance, with reference to these behaviours: A positive approach; collaborating with colleagues; a make it happen attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and additional company benefits:
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays
- Flexible working options
- £480 allowance on any wellbeing activity and/or gym options. We will help with your monthly or annual costs
- We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly
- Eye-test and glasses allowance
- Medical and Dental private insurance available after probation (3 months)
- Competitive private pension scheme
- Critical illness cover and group life assurance from day 1
- Well-being: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12 months and make a National Insurance saving too
After two years continuous service you will also have access to group income protection.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly.
Please do not miss our Youtube channel where we say a lot about us: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMOUK4uLN7yZU8j79l4zcg
Pre-selected applicants will undertake 2 psychometrics tests.
Interviews will take place via Zoom/Teams.
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer.