|Published||November 16, 2023|
Title- AWS Data Platform Engineer
Location: Hybrid, NYC, Lawrenceville, NJ or Washington DC – 3 Days a week onsite :: Local must
This is an AWS Platform Engineer who is building the underlying platform that other Data Engineers will use. So, they need experience building out the Platform and a focus on Infrastructure as code.
Here is some specific details from the hiring manager. First 2 are mandatory and 3rd can be optional:
- Infrastructure as Code(IaC) is required. AWS CDK with Typescript as language for CDK development
- Working Experience/Expertise creating AWS infrastructure for AWS services
- Some experience in Databricks environment
Must have a heavy background in AWS Platform Engineering with a focus on setting up AWS environment for other engineers to use. Strong background with Infrastructure as Code and building out ETL Engines.
I’m not looking for a Data Application Engineer.
Please don’t send someone who’s last job was not AWS specific or is a Big Data Engineer.
Our client, a leading provider of audio entertainment products, is seeking an AWS Data Platform Engineer to join their data team.
In this role you will be a member of a team responsible for designing, developing and supporting the data platform which will be used across data organization and other groups.
What You’ll Do
- Build on the AWS data platform which supports Datalake, Job Orchestration, ETL template, ETL Compute, integration with third party tools like fivetran, Monte Carlo
- Design, code and maintain infrastructure as a code (IaC) using CDK, typescript, CDKTF.
- Build and improve workflow orchestration tooling to support efficient data pipelines E.g., airflow plugins, systems integration, deployments.
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years’ experience developing infrastructure as Code working with AWS CDK, typescript/or Python.
- 3+ years of experience working on AWS building out the cloud platform
- AWS CDK with Typescript as language for CDK development
- Working Experience for Job Orchestration tool – Airflow/MWAA
- Working Experience/Expertise creating AWS infrastructure for AWS services including but not limited to: S3 Datalake, Kms keys, IAM Role/Policy, MWAA, RDS, Lambda function
- Knowledge/Expertise on tools viz (Fivetran, Monte-Carlo, Datadog, Tableau/Looker)
- Experience/Expertise on Databricks and Monte Carlo is a plus.