|Published||November 14, 2023|
|Location||Jersey City, NJ|
Java/AWS Lead (Hybrid)
Cognizant's Digital Engineering practice is seeking a highly qualified Full Stack Developer with experience developing and building high-performing, scalable, enterprise applications. You will be part of a digital software team that works on high-demand applications. Our developers have a passion for high-quality, reliable, and maintainable code. You will work side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. Our developers are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we're doing wrong, so we can fix it, and what we're doing right, so we can improve on it. Above all, we judge success by the success of our team and the happiness of our customers.
Cognizant Digital Engineering If you're like us, you've got big ideas. At Cognizant, we're exploring new ideas every day. We help industry leading companies reinvent their business models and innovate products that create new value-by connecting people with things, insights and experiences. Cognizant digital engineering designs, engineers and delivers digital products and experiences that drive digital-first business models. We offer the most comprehensive digital engineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainable innovation.
Location: Jersey City, NJ, Chicago, IL, Palo Alto, CA or Plano, TX (Hybrid)
**You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future**
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization for this role.
* Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems.
* Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others.
* Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems.
* Leads evaluation sessions with external vendors, startups, and internal teams to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical credentials, and applicability for use within existing systems and information architecture.
* Leads communities of practice across Software Engineering to drive awareness and use of new and leading-edge technologies.
* Experience with Java/J2SE/J2EE with a deep understanding of the language and core API's.
* Experience with building APIs - RESTful APIs, Web Services, Spring Boot, with strong understanding of Microservices architecture.
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
* 12+ years of experience in design, build and implementation of highly scalable enterprise applications.
* Proficient in Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, ORM (Hibernate).
* Hands-on project experience in design, development, and deployment of micro services. Familiar with API First design (OpenApi/Swagger).
* Hands on experience in well architected application and data design, troubleshooting, resiliency.
* Hands on experience in developing microservices for containerized platform (docker and Kubernetes), messaging platform (Kafka)
* Hands on experience with relational databases (Oracle, SQL, Postgres) in data model design, implementation, and performance tuning.
* No-SQL database experience is good to have - DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra etc.
* Experienced with AWS cloud technologies (EKS, Fargate, Lambda, S3, RDS, terraform). AWS Developer or Solution Architect certification preferred.
* DevOps - Git, Sonar, Jenkins, Monitoring tools (Splunk, Datadog, AWS Cloud Watch, AWS code pipeline etc.)
* Proficiency with Agile Scrum delivery methodology.
* Beginner to advanced experience with Front-end technologies - micro front, React, React libraries, CSS, Bootstrap, and interfacing with backend services.
* Strong communication skills and experienced in delivering projects in Scrum agile methodology.
* Guide and mentor, the pod team (API, Front-end, Testing) by helping to address the technical challenges, define standards, and patterns.
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
* Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
* Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
* 401(k) plan and contributions
* Long-term/Short-term Disability
* Paid Parental Leave
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Why Choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today's fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams! We stand out because we put human experiences at the core. Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry-recognized, award-winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical trainings to keep your skillsets fresh and have opportunities to acquire certifications on the newest technologies.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion-for our clients (fortune 100 companies), our communities, and our organization. It's the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
If you love ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you!
About Cognizant Digital Engineering
Well-designed software transcends digital technology, going beyond the fulfillment of basic requirements to focus instead on human needs. Within Cognizant Digital Engineering, we help clients develop software products that transform human insights into tangible, production-ready digital solutions. We also work with our clients to scale their native cloud applications. Using insights from the lived experiences of our consumers, we seamlessly replace traditional service strategies with engaging, precise, and direct digital applications. Designing phenomenal software is vital to success in the digital economy-and we understand that a human-centric approach is key to this design.
Headquartered in the U.S, Cognizant is a member of the S&P-500, Nasdaq-100, Fortune 200, and was recently ranked as the #1 Fastest Growing "All Star" by Fortune Magazine. Cognizant uses a highly flexible business model, a detailed global delivery network, and deep domain expertise to deliver to a long list of best-in-class companies that are leaders in their own space.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to demonstrate the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to quality instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, and marital status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, federal, or local law.
Job Location : Jersey City, New Jersey, United States || Palo Alto, California, United States
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Oct 30 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email with your request and contact information.