|Date Posted||January 7, 2021|
Java AWS Developer
BCForward is currently seeking highly motivated Java AWS Developer for our client based in Chicago, IL.
- Position: Java AWS Developer
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Anticipated start date: ASAP
- Duration:12 Months (Possibility of extension)
- Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with individuals assigned in new program development and/or maintenance of existing mobile, WEB, Cloud, server, personal computer, mainframe, and/or distributed computing systems.
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Acts as team leader for development and support groups; provides programming and application/technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members.
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university
Technical Skills Required
- 8+ years of experience in designing and developing software applications in Java OR at least five plus years of experience in Java with a master's degree.
- 1+ years of experience with Cloud Technology.
Top candidates will also have:
Proven experience in many of the following,
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale.
- Batch or stream processing systems such as Apache Spark, Flink, Akka, Storm
- Message brokers such as Kafka, RabbitMq, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, Apache ActiveMQ, Kinesis.
- Datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle.
- Developing software applications using relational and Nosql databases.
- Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
- At least three plus years of deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum).
- Debugging and maintaining software in Linux or Unix platforms.
- Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs
- Experience writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge, AWS API Gateway or Azure API Gateway
- Hands one experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
- Test driven development and behavior driven development.
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Selenium and Cucumber and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
BCForward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCForward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCForward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCForward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCForward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 120259 when responding to this ad.