|Date Posted||January 7, 2021|
SC Cleared Devops Engineer
My specialist Consultancy client are currently recruiting for an experienced Devops Engineer to join their Devops team, to focus on various cloud deployments. They are a specialist Consultancy that support the Telecoms world with large scale, enterprise IT projects and transformations. You will be working heavily on AWS and Azure based projects, and will also have the opportunity to work on GCP and Private Cloud. You will be joining a greenfield project, which is a brand new tracking system to be built and deployed for various clients across the UK (possibly Global).
My client is looking for experienced Devops Engineers who have successfully built, deployed and managed Public Cloud (AWS and Azure) environments. You will have a deep understanding of the Devops lifecycle and be well versed in Cloud deployment and automation processes e.g. CI/CD Pipelines, Containerisation, Automation etc.
Candidates need to be eligible for SC Clearance, due to the nature of the clientele. Active SC Clearance is a bonus, however not a necessity.
The main responsibility for you will be to build, deploy, managed, and support all the cloud-based software using the most up to date automation and containerisation technologies to avoid any disruption to the production solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist and support the team to build and deploy software to the cloud, including managing multiple deployment lines to multiple clients.
- Manage all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Use the latest technologies to build, deploy and manage software/applications in various cloud platforms (AWS and Azure).
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time.
- Maintain security and redundancy strategies.
- Provide best working practices on both deployment and automation processes.
- Pariticipate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Liase with vendors and other IT Personnel from both an internal and client point of view.
- Indepth experience of AWS and Azure Cloud platforms.
- Solid experience to virtualisation and container technologies, especially: Docker, Kubernetes, VMWare and Hyper-V.
- Scripting experience e.g. Powershell, Shell or Bash.
- Experience with automation software e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef or CFEngine.
- Indepth experience of Cloud deployments.
- Indepth knowledge of the full Devops lifecycle
- Experience with Docker Swarm and/or Kubernetes orchestration.
- Proven experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows and UNIX/Linux based environments.