|Date Posted||November 19, 2020|
My client, a leading Consultancy are currently recruiting for experienced Devops Engineers to join their small but growing Platform Engineering team to work on a mixture of internal and Client projects. They are a big AWS Partner whose clients heavily use Amazon's platform; you will be working on a mixture of AWS and Azure based projects. My client is a specialist consultancy that provide Managed Service solutions to some of the largest Telecomms companies in the UK.
The successful candidate will be a proven Devops Engineer who has experience in working with both AWS and Azure Cloud environments. You will also ideally come from an Infrastructure/Engineering background and be well versed in various Cloud deployments practices e.g. CI/CD Pipelines and Containerisation.
The ideal candidate will also have active SC Clearance, however my client is also happy to consider any Devops Engineer who are eligible for Clearance too!
The main responsibility for you will be to build, deploy, managed, and support all the cloud-based software using the most up to date automation and containerisation technologies to avoid any disruption to the production solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist and support the team to build and deploy software to the cloud, including managing multiple deployment lines to multiple clients.
- Manage all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Use the latest technologies to build, deploy and manage software/applications in various cloud platforms (AWS and Azure).
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time.
- Maintain security and redundancy strategies.
- Provide best working practices on both deployment and automation processes.
- Pariticipate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Liase with vendors and other IT Personnel from both an internal and client point of view.
- Indepth experience of AWS and Azure Cloud platforms.
- Solid experience to virtualisation and container technologies, especially: Docker, Kubernetes, VMWare and Hyper-V.
- Scripting experience e.g. Powershell, Shell or Bash.
- Experience with automation software e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef or CFEngine.
- Indepth experience of Cloud deployments.
- Experience with Docker Swarm and/or Kubernetes orchestration.
- Proven experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows and UNIX/Linux based environments.