|Date Posted||July 8, 2021|
DBA Specialist - London
Are you an experienced DBA looking for an exciting new challenge?
My client is an institutional-grade financial services network that connects the global markets ecosystem to companies, traders and investors. They are a Fortune-100 company with a long history, this client has almost 70 offices globally which house almost 3,000 employees. Their client base covers commercial, retail, institutional and payment industries and with their dedication to helping them reach their goals they have successfully built deeply valued, long-term relationships with them.
The organisation is expanding due to growth and they are looking for an ambitious, focused and driven DBA specialist who can join their forward-thinking and innovative organisation
- Take proactive measures to monitor, trend, and tune SQL databases, such as running maintenance jobs
- Create, implement, and maintain SQL DB Monitoring/Health Checks, and demonstrate you ability to automate SQL health reporting/event notification, and corrective actions.
- Design and build high performance Always On Solutions
- Perform database management responsibilities in Microsoft Azure for production & non-production workloads.
- Work to enhance control and identify risks across the business
- Report control weaknesses, suspicious, illegal or unusual activity
- Maintain a high level of conduct, ethical standards and values
- On call cover as a part of a rotation with other members of the team
- 5+ years administering SQL Server
- SQL 2016 and above experience
- 2+ years administering Open Source Databases e.g. Postgres, MongoDB or MariaDB
- Previous experience working within a Financial Services organisation
- Strong T-SQL skills - ability to write complex stored procedures
- Previous 24/7/365 operation experience
- An understanding of Azure IaaS capabilities
- Experience designing/building MS SQL databases within AWS or Azure
- Databricks, Data Factory, Synapse
- SSIS, SSRS
- Base Salary up to £82,000 per annum
- Flexible working - in office two days a week
- On call around 1 in 4
- Life insurance
- Private medical care
- 26 days holiday
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP with limited interview spots this and next week, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
This is a brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss.
This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary).
I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group