|Date Posted||July 10, 2021|
Job Title: Azure Architect
Location: UK All Areas (Remote Working also possible)
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Ekco is a specialist Managed Infrastructure Services business, offering local support with global reach through our offices across the UK, Ireland, and Netherlands. We specialise in enabling companies to progress along the path of cloud maturity, managing transformation and driving better outcomes from our customers' existing technology investments.
Our innovative Transformation-as-a-Service approach and our ability to deliver flexible infrastructures across customer environments, our own private infrastructure and public cloud technologies coupled with our responsive, agile, and above-all hugely capable technical teams is why our customers choose us above larger, slower-moving competitors. We deliver solutions and services from traditional VMware-based infrastructure; Backup & DR, to public cloud management with AWS, Azure, and Google; as well as newer PaaS, DevOps and Container solutions such as managed Kubernetes.
Due to our continued expansion through 2020 and into 2021, we are searching for a talented Cloud Services Engineer, experienced in delivering Azure transformations and ongoing support, to join our dynamic and growing technical team based in Edinburgh.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Customer Support & Service Delivery
Ekco provide first class service to customers, providing responsive, agile support. As an Azure and cloud specialist, one of your primary responsibilities is to respond to customer requests, incident tickets, and change requests and record those appropriately in our service desk system and deal with them to the customers satisfaction.
Additionally, one of the key aspects of the role will be to assist new and existing customers on their journey to Azure, from either on-prem or other private or public cloud services, and to deploy new environments or services. We are also seeing a need to support customers with the more niche aspects of Azure, utilising the myriad of 'as a Service' offerings within the stack and across the Azure Marketplace.
Architecture and Orchestration
Our clients are looking for assistance navigating the vast array of services available within Azure, as well as expert setup and configuration in-line with best-practice guidelines, complete with the requisite monitoring and alerting for the team to support ongoing. The ideal candidate will act as one of the 'Product Champions' for Azure services throughout the Ekco Group.
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
- 3+ years Azure environment deployment and support experience
- Virtual Machines, Availability Sets, Storage Accounts, and Azure Site Recovery
- Virtual Networks, Virtual WANs, and ExpressRoute
- Application Gateways, Firewall, and DDoS Protection
- Translate general infrastructure concepts through deep understanding of the Azure toolset, and be able to advise and/or select the appropriate Azure service to use for specific deployments
- Good general working knowledge of the public cloud landscape and why businesses use them
- Experienced with container technologies and tooling such as Docker and Kubernetes (AKS)
- Automation experience using Puppet and/or Ansible
- Configuration management
- Working using version control software
- High level of written and spoken English
- High standard of written documentation and annotated diagrams
- PowerShell experience
- Azure DevOps & AKS experience
- Azure SQL experience
- Windows & Linux Server Administration background
- M365, Endpoint Management, and Azure AD experience
- Windows Virtual Desktop Deployment experience
- Confident self-starter. Able to learn quickly, use your own initiative and be motivated to get the job done effectively
- Have a consultative, positive, solution-focused mentality, and proactive 'can-do' attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Hands-on, self-organised, innovative, accountable, versatile
- Be able to work under pressure and with uncertainty
- Excellent team player
- Self-motivated to learn new technologies (evidence self-taught development)
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Infrastructure Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Azure Technical Consultant, 3rd Line Engineer, 3rd Line Infrastructure Support, IT Field Service Engineer, System Administrator, System Lead, Azure Design, Cloud Virtualisation Architect, Cloud, Network Architect, Software Support, System Developer, Software Administrator, Software Architect, Lead Systems Support, DevOps Engineer, Application Engineer may also be considered for this role.