|Date Posted||July 8, 2020|
AWS Solutions Architect
Primary Location: Chicago, Illinois
V-Soft Consulting is currently seeking an AWS Solutions Architect for our premier client in Chicago, Illinois. This is a contract position in consulting firm industry.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Education and Experience »
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS Certified Security Specialty
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in VPC, CloudFormation, CLI, EC2, ELB, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudFront, Route53, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch Alarms and CloudTrail
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- 3-5+ years hands-on experience with a diverse set of Amazon Web Services (IaaS and Serverless).
- 3+ years’ experience with Infrastructure as Code with CloudFormation, Terraform, CodePipeline, CodeCommit, Lambda, Python, and PowerShell.
- 2+ Solution architecture experience migrating both custom built and enterprise apps to AWS.
- 1-2+ years working with AWS security, identity and compliance related disciplines such as IAM, Organizations, S3 bucket policies, Config, WAF, Shield, ACM, KMS, etc.
- Experience with Linux and Windows based workloads
- DevOps skillset and cultural disposition
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities »
- Familiarity with Configuration Management Automation, preferably Ansible but could be any of: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack.
- Publications relating to AWS accessible on Slideshare, or similar
- Active in technical communities, such as AWS or DevOps Meetups
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with the AWS Team on strategic and tactical roadmap initiatives.
- Architect AWS solutions for custom and enterprise applications.
- Automate provisioning of cloud infrastructure to support the development organizations.
- Develop Cloud Native Architectures to support infrastructure automation.
- Identify and adopt best practices, architectural solution patterns, new technologies to address current and future needs, and cloud-based cost management strategies.
- Provide leadership in DevOps practices / CALMS principles.
- Communicate architectural information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to deliver Architecture Reviews providing succinct architectural diagrams and technical language.
- Security Focused Architecture
- Develop and maintain AWS security strategy and best practices.
- Evaluate existing cloud security practices and establish recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure compliance to standards and policies by establishing regular audits, reports, and reviews.
- Partner with Information Security programs introducing AWS strategies and solution architectures to accomplish objectives.
- Process AWS Security operations requests while fostering the Principle of Least Privilege.
- Possess an aptitude to understand and construct complex IAM and SCP policies.
- Evolve and standardize AWS Organizations and IAM reference architectures, to include multiple accounts, policies, roles, federation, and data protection.
- Ambition to explore new and emerging AWS security services and technologies.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
V-Soft Consulting is a trusted partner with experience across diverse technology stacks to help business get IT done. What makes V-Soft different? Our expertise is derived from over 20 years of delivering world-class IT staffing, consulting, engineering and managed services to Fortune 1000 and mid-market companies in the U.S., Canada, and Asia.
V-Soft is headquartered in Louisville, KY with strategic locations in India, Canada, and across the U.S., including Madison, Chicago, Denver, Harrisburg and Atlanta. V-Soft has been recognized among the top 100 fastest growing staffing companies in North America and is known for the ability to provide highly qualified consultants for any project at any scale. V-Soft has a wide variety of partnerships across diverse technology stacks, and holds such titles as MuleSoft Certified Delivery Resource, Oracle Gold Partner, ServiceNow Partner, Microsoft Partner, and Cisco Registered Partner, amongst many others.
Like what you hear? Apply with V-Soft today!
For more information or to view all our open jobs, please visit www.vsoftconsulting.com or call (844) 425-8425.