|Published||January 24, 2023|
**AWS Python Developer - Remote**
**Category:** Software Development/ Engineering
**Main location:** United States, Remote
**Alternate Location(s):** United States, Virginia, Sterling
United States, Virginia, Reston
United States, Virginia, Fairfax
United States, Texas, Belton
United States, Texas, Dallas
United States, Texas, Plano
United States, South Carolina, Columbia
United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
**Position ID:** J1122-0477
**Employment Type:** Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for an AWS Python Glue Integrator to join our financial services team in one of our selected CGI locations. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are
?As an AWS/ Python/ Glue Integrator, you will participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle which includes technical design, integration, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of application developed for our clients. As a member working in a team environment, you will work with solution architects and other developers.
**Your future duties and responsibilities:**
• Strong hands-on experience in Python and AWS Glue ETL engineering, operationalization, automation build-out, integration with other native AWS services like S3, RDS, RedShift & Lambda.
• Apply your understanding of AppFlow/ Rest API
• Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes.
• Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
• Ability to write SQL queries and Object mapping
• Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects by working in a fast-paced agile development environment.
• Mentor other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture with sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
**Required qualifications to be successful in this role:**
• Overall 8+ years of IT Experience.
. Minimum 3+ years hands-on with AWS Tech stack.
• Experience with python to manage AWS resources from API calls using BOTO SDK and AWS CLI.
• Experience in extract transform and load (ETL) processing large datasets of different forms including structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
• Experience in EC2, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, and managing security groups on AWS.
• Experience in deploying AWS Component using CFTs with CI/CD pipeline for code deployment by engaging different deployment tools
• Ability to independently multi-task, be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment, communicate fluidly ?and dynamically with the team and perform continuous process improvements with out-of-the-box thinking.
• Technical skills in AWS Glue are nice to have.
?• AWS solutions architect and/or AWS Big Data certification is preferred.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems, or a related field?
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $75,600-$165,300.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, as well as numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides sick leave and vacation pay.
**What you can expect from us:**
**Insights you can act on**
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. **Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned** .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.