|Location||White Plains, NY|
|Date Posted||May 22, 2020|
AWS Data Engineer
White Plains, NY (Remote to start) - must be able to work onsite after COVID-19
Long term contract/Contract to Perm
The data engineer - AWS role is responsible for providing operational and engineering data support. This role will also be involved in Senior level discussions within the team and outside team and be a representative of the Data Management team in architectural discussions .
SQL Server heavy shop moving to the cloud. This position requires extensive knowledge on AWS aurora with MySQL engine, mongodb, redshift and Athena. Azure is a plus. Knowledge and hands-on experience of migrations from SQL server to AWS is a must.
This role reports to the Director of Data Management, seated in NY. As a member of Data Management team, the role requires frequent interaction with teams including Application Development, QA, PMO, Security, DevOps, Network Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering.
- Administer and maintain all environments and provide day-to-day operational support
- Provide thought leadership, advice and guidance in your field of expertise, especially for architecture and design
- Provide inputs in setting governance and standards related to all aspects of databases
- Reduce the frequency and duration of IT database failures
- Perform ongoing tuning of database instances
- Build and provide actionable reports in support of performance testing to be submitted to the project teams to review and provide follow up actions to ensure optimum support to meet SLAs
- Provide problem and root cause analysis data to the IT support organization through capacity management tools and techniques
- Plan and implement backup and recovery of databases
- Control migrations of database changes through the development life cycle
- Perform database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure uptime of the database
- Put standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance
- The Data engineer will possess strong MySQL and MSSQL database maintenance, administration, operations, and design experience and skills and will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of clusters of Aurora instances within AWS.
- This position also requires strong experience with AWS RDS and working with the tools and processes inherent to a continuous delivery environment.
- The ideal candidate will be a seasoned database technologist with extensive knowledge and experience in supporting mission critical, scalable systems on various data technologies
- Communication skills, working with members of other IT teams, applications and business stakeholders are some of the key requirements for this position.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with industry best practices in MySQL database maintenance, administration, and design; and a track record of providing high-quality, reliable service in a timely and effective manner will make this Successful candidate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled