|Published||January 25, 2023|
**AWS Cloud Administrator- Mid Level**
**Category:** Software Development/ Engineering
**Main location:** United States, Remote
**Alternate Location(s):** United States, Virginia, Fairfax
United States, Texas, Belton
United States, Maryland, Baltimore
United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
**Position ID:** J1222-2101
**Employment Type:** Full Time
**Meet our professionals**
**CGI USA - Finding your fit**
CGI Federal is seeking an AWS Cloud Systems Administrator with a proven experience to join its Healthcare Practice. The candidate should demonstrate expertise and experience on Cloud Infrastructure assessment, benchmarking, planning, sourcing and implementing a wide range of cloud, mobile, communications and collaboration services. Must have experience in Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices. Must have experience estimating AWS costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. However, preferred locations are Baltimore, MD, Fairfax, VA, Lafayette, LA or Belton, TX
**Your future duties and responsibilities:**
• Build extensive technical knowledge of virtual machines and applications operating in AWS IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments.
• Manage instances of FedRamp compliant cloud infrastructure and services in GovCloud environments.
• Perform high-level, day-to-day operational administration of complex multi-user cloud-based computing systems including user management, audits, patches, and upgrades.
• Coordinate, schedule and perform software installations to cloud based operating systems, layered software packages, and databases.
• Support and troubleshoot web applications. This includes deployment of Tomcat applications using AWS and utilizing application and server logs to identify and resolve issues.
• Support applications hosted in an AWS cloud environment, including deployments, patches, security checks, and maintenance.
• Upgrade and maintain operating systems and application software on LINUX (RHEL, CentOS, Linux) and Microsoft Windows (2008 R2, 2012 R2) platforms.
• Perform software installations, including support for Open Source tools, AWS Marketplace tools & COTS applications.
• Daily monitoring of the network, servers, cloud and applications to ensure full availability and optimum performance. Utilize software tools and logs to monitor network and system health.
• Track and manage system certificates, privileged accounts, and database passwords.
• Create and update documentation, including standard operating procedures, administrative instructions, after action reports for system outages, task status updates, and customer reports.
• Support for system and data security requirements, and documented system artifacts required for security certification.
• Implement and maintain encryption technology (PKI authentication, Vormetric, and KMS).
• Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, troubleshooting, installing system wide software and addressing mass storage space requirements.
• Make recommendations to integrate new custom and cloud software, coordinates installation and supports operations.
• Assist with application integration and troubleshooting in this infrastructure for a complex application environment, including management of dependencies on services, platforms, and other applications within the cloud infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot across multiple applications and create run books and playbooks for each event with the necessary escalation paths established.
• Test, evaluate, and recommend next generation software applications and virtualized services for suitability for deployment on managed cloud systems.
• Maintain system security strategies, policies, and procedures in support of Approval to Operate (ATO) certifications.
• Train other team members in the day-to-day operational support duties related to cloud infrastructure administration and management.
**Required qualifications to be successful in this role:**
• 4+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator supporting Middleware and Enterprise Applications or similar role for large scale enterprise solutions.
• AWS certification on Advanced Networking and/or Security.
• Must have professional experience managing complex systems and workflow and complex projects with tight deadlines.
• Must have acquired prior experience with government ATO processes, procedures, and administrative support requirements for AWS Cloud and GovCloud.
• Full understanding of, plus 3+ years of compliance experience with, FedRamp and FISMA requirements and procedures for cloud computing.
• 5+ years of experience with building AWS infrastructure or migrating private on premise solutions to cloud hosting environments.
• 5+ years of experience in auto-provisioning of cloud AMI's using Cloud Formation Templates and Lambda scripts.
• 5+ years of experience with configuration management, cloud orchestration and automation tools.
• Solid understanding of and experience with provisioning and managing infrastructure as well as applications in cloud environments, preferably in AWS.
• 3+ years of experience with Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices in a Micro services environment.
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and fluency in the associated programming languages (e.g. Ruby, Python)
• Extensive experience with Windows and UNIX/Linux system administration - administration within virtualized environments is preferred.
• Experience with AWS Services; EC2, Cloud Formation, VPC, ELB, AWS Security, S3, RDS, EBS, ECS - or equivalent within Azure / GCP.
• Knowledge of and experience with monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using open source tools.
• Ability to work effectively with both business and technical stakeholders.
• Ability to perform cloud performance analysis and optimize distributed cloud systems.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence others.
• Experience with Terraform a plus.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $74,600 - $130,600
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations.
+ AWS Big Data
+ Infrastructure as a Code
+ System Administration
**What you can expect from us:**
**Insights you can act on**
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. **Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned** .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.