|Date Posted||June 4, 2021|
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions company with 25 years' of experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is currently looking for a AWS Chatbot Engineer consultant for a contract opening with one of our clients located in: Charlotte, NC
AWS Chatbot Senior Software Engineer
What are we looking for? Motivated and energetic developers who are passionate about building amazing software. Qualified developers will have an opportunity to work on an array of challenging problems with the potential to be placed on a wide variety of teams within IT (i.e. Grid, Customer, Outage, etc.) having a direct impact on the day to day experiences of both our employees and customers alike.
Senior Software Engineers are primarily responsible for designing highly complex solutions then building and overseeing the execution of those designs.
Individuals with this role are required to:
- Design and build highly complex software solutions using agile/XP/TDD.
- Program well-designed, efficient code independently.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and product owners to build solutions.
- Clearly communicate team wide progress and identify blocking processes/patterns that hold a team back.
- Participate in paired programming and code reviews with juniors to expand the team s collective knowledge and understanding of software engineering.
- Complete independent research to refine best practices and present work to peers.
- Turn complex ideas into manageable pieces of work to complete as part of a product team.
- Coach and mentor software developers.
- Provide technical guidance to leadership so that solutions are built with innovation and sustainability in mind.
- Learn the business drivers of a product and help drive the technical direction of a product to fulfill the desired vision.
Senior Software Engineer must possess:
- 5-7 years previous experience in software development. (Either 7 years of experience specifically in software development or 5 years of experience in software development in combination with an Associates Degree in an Information Technology related field). Ideally has a portfolio of work code samples, etc.
- Job specific skills: AWS Lex and AWS Lambda development experience.
- Additional Qualifications
- A breadth of experience building software solutions (through a strong mix of independent research/projects and industry expertise).
- Significant familiarity and comfort in using IDEs. Knows short-cuts and frequents operations that speeds up development time.
- Deep and solid understanding of APIs. Have been involved in designing/building/implementing APIs.
- Familiarity with a several frameworks. Resulting code is concise and easy-to-follow.
- Experience with automation and optimization. Looks for ways to create repeatable patterns that increase the efficiency of the team.
- Experience and ability to manage and optimize databases.
- Understanding of functional programming and how to apply functional concepts in any language. Quick to picking up a new language or adopting a more recent version of a language.
- Familiarity and able to comfortably work with multiple platforms.
- Experience turning complex ideas into user stories. From that, can turn user stories into workable solutions, providing estimates to complete that work, and breaking down complex work into smaller components.
- Previous experience collaborating on a cross-functional team.
- Deep understanding of development cycle.
- Ability to debug and avoid future problems by building more robust solutions.
- Ability to look at previous personal or team experience and use this to analyze mistakes/successes, draw conclusions, and design future solutions. Resulting solutions have few bugs and quick remediation times.
- Experience building solutions with the larger team in mind. Solutions have the goal of improving software engineering at the team level.
- Experience with teaching and mentoring team members at various levels.
- A deep and solid understanding of cyber security principles such as authentication, authorization and encryption. Ability to leverage and recommend common security libraries applicable to their language stack and solid experience with secure programming best practices. Knowledgeable of common attack vectors, such as SQL injection, Denial of Service (DoS), Cross-Site Scripting, etc. and methods to limit exposure. Quick to identify and remediate potential security vulnerabilities.
- Experience working with one or more CI/CD stacks and associated best practices. Ability to setup CI/CD for new products with no guidance. Recommends and implements modifications to CI/CD processes when continuous improvement opportunities are identified.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you're eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans