|Published||November 15, 2023|
hatch IT is partnering with Neovera to find a AWS Architect. See details below.
About the role:
Neovera is looking for an AWS Architect to architect solutions in public cloud platforms (AWS) and to plan migrations from private, hosted infrastructure to cloud or hybrid solutions. They will also support a mission critical infrastructure and ensure the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
About the company:
Neovera is a trusted provider of complex hosting solutions, leveraging over a decade of unmatched technical expertise in IT consulting and infrastructure managed services. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Neovera's clients range from start-up and non-profit organizations, to global media, distance-learning, and financial institutions. Our goal is to assist clients in achieving superior return on their investment with the optimization and management of high-availability IT infrastructure solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a subject matter expert at Neovera for AWS's Infrastructure as a Service
- Plan and execute large-scale migrations of systems from private infrastructure to public cloud platforms (especially AWS)
- Work with monitoring tools; manage access and permissions; script and automate where possible; maintain appropriate configurations; provide recommendations on system improvements
- Architect scalable enterprise solutions using AWS's IaaS offering, and, where appropriate, using services directly from AWS's PaaS suite
- Deploy, maintain and troubleshoot servers and services in our private vSphere infrastructure and in customer AWS tenants
- Maintain secure environments running in AWS using industry-accepted standards (MFA, encrypted data transfer, etc.)
- Manage and automate enterprise-wide server and desktop systems patching for OS and standard applications
- Maintain and support backups and replication
- Monitor server performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Work closely with other Neovera engineers of other disciplines for escalation support and system interoperability
- Work with hardware, software, and service vendors/partners to assist in troubleshooting systems as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field (Master's preferred).
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional certification.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing AWS solutions for complex enterprise environments.
- Strong knowledge of cloud architecture best practices, security, and compliance.
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- A pro-active mind-set with a focus on constant improvement and follow through at all levels
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to take ownership of issues, work independently or escalate as needed, and find creative ways to resolve problems.
Other desired knowledge, skills or attributes:
- Other AWS and Azure certifications are a plus
- Experience in working with or for a MSSP
- Consulting experience a plus
Don't think you're 100% qualified for this position? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At hatch I.T., we're dedicated to helping companies build diverse, inclusive and authentic workplaces, so if your experience doesn't perfectly align with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
If you are interested in learning more about this company or any Startups/Small Businesses in the area, please contact us and check us out here!!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.