|Location||Linthicum Heights, MD|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2020|
Location: Linthicum, MD
Description: Our client is currently seeking a AWS Linux Engineer
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, building and supporting a secure cloud platform and linux based instances based on industry standards, best practices and guidelines
- Determine technical standards and specifications and lead the design, build and support of shared services cloud platform components
- Providing professional support services and/or the integration of their respective products.
- Implement the products based on best Practices
- Review the current architectural landscape and make appropriate recommendations.
- Must be able to compare various solutions and determine the one which best fits the need.
- Designs, develops and maintains linux based instances and backend applications.
- Deploy and maintain web application technologies and Middleware solutions on Linux platform.
- Researches new technologies and products for their applicability to business processes.
- Provides tier 1 and tier 2 support for the platform
Qualifications & Requirements:
- This position requires a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in System administration and development experience
- At least file (4) years of experience working with design and implementation of systems and applications at Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Sets up administrator and service accounts and troubleshoot creates/updates and Maintains system documentation, interacts with users and evaluates vendor products, deep understanding of monitoring AWS instances and services
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities and best practices architectures, and engineering solutions within multiple Cloud accounts and services
- Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console.
- Knowledge and experience architecting and configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Experience working with administrator and service accounts and troubleshoot Creates/updates and Maintains system documentation, interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
- Development and implementation of vulnerability remediation strategies. Configuration and execution of vulnerability and web application scans.
- Experience with automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening.
- Experience writing process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrating good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well Architected Framework
- 3 years of experience with Ansible, Ansible Tower experience is preferred.
- 3 years of experience working with RHEL AMI is preferred.
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com